IMPORTANT MESSAGE ON HOW EHCW IS PROVIDING SERVICES DURING COVID-19
Help us to continue our work in helping vulnerable women who are struggling in life due to COVID-19 with no jobs, children to care for and financially trying to make ends meet. Become a sponsor at our No Show Gala by clicking on the donate button on the front page of our website. Your contribution will help our most marginalized community people to receive the services and support they are in dire need of. Donations of $25 or more received through Canada Helps will be issued a Charitable Receipt.
View full message
**IMPORTANT MESSAGE ON HOW EHCW IS PROVIDING SERVICES DURING COVID-19**
In the face of COVID-19 pandemic, ehcw continues to prioritize the welfare of clients and community members.
COVID-19 has disrupted the normal way of providing services. The staff and management of ehcw proactively adapted innovative solutions to serve the vulnerable in these unusual times.
With your help ehcw has assisted those hit with poverty during COVID-19, keeping communities safe and reduce the risk of spreading the virus:
View full message
- ehcw transformed into a Food Hub, with over 26,000 meals distributed to vulnerable population in Toronto and in Vaughan.
- ehcw transformed into a Mask Distribution Hub, with over 46,000 masks distributed on behalf of TTC, businesses and the communities donating masks.
- ehcw transformed into a Donation Centre, reaching out in the communities requesting donations of food, baby food/cereal, diapers, sanitizers and personal care items. These items are ongoing needs for mothers out of job;
- As the rate of domestic violence rises at this time, ehcw has geared up its services, as well continues to collaborate with lawyers providing pro bono virtual services to clients seeking legal support and information during this period;
- Staff continue to work throughout COVID-19, providing on-line services, virtual counselling through video conferencing, phone and emails.
- Commenced educational workshops for clients to learn about Public Health, maintaining physical and mental health, job opportunities after COVID-19, training opportunities to be job ready, enjoying virtual tours of multiple countries and learn about ancient architecture, etc.
- Staff assisted with the virtual completion of the E.I. and CERB applications;
- To support mental and physical health well-being of community members, ehcw engages seniors and their spouses through video conferencing in one-hour daily exercise, dance and yoga classes via Zoom.
- To join virtual programs, seniors are being assisted to learn the use of technology;
Your donations can be made through Canada Help by visiting www.ehcw.ca
For various programs and services contact:
Settlement Services for newcomers and support with applications: email@example.com
Domestic abuse and counselling, support for youth, women and families: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
RivInt Interpretation and Translation Services has trained newcomers and new immigrants to be professional interpreters with language skills. Since 2000k it has grown to cater to the needs of clients from many fields, to adjust to the fast-growing demands of globalization and multicultural interactions.
Help us continue to make a Positive Difference in the Lives of Newcomer and Immigrant Women, Seniors, and their Families
The Elspeth Heyworth Centre for women relies on donations and grants from individuals, corporations, foundations, and events to continue to make a difference in our community.
By supporting the Centre you help provide a safe, non-judgemental and supportive space where newcomer and immigrant women, seniors and youth can access counselling, support, and skills development programs on a daily basis.
Questions? Ask Us!
Call, visit, or email us for a personal and confidential response.