Newcomer Settlement Program (NSP)
We provide free services and practical guidance to help newcomers, women and their families navigate the Canadian social, cultural, legal and financial systems – helping them through the settlement process of daily life in Canada.
What We Offer:
This is a free program funded by The Ministry of Immigration and Citizenship Canada to help support your settlement in Canada. Our multilingual staff will provide you with information and education about your rights and responsibilities. We will ensure that you have access to community resources.
We offer: Needs Assessments and Referrals
Our settlement Counselor will determine if you are eligible for this service and assess your needs, goals and priorities. You may be referred to services at other community agencies.
Information and Awareness Services
We help to support you in group and individual settings providing information on:
- Immigration processes (PR, PR Renewal, Refugee Claims, Sponsorship, Work Permits, etc.)
- Social Services (Ontario Works, Old Age Security, Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Subsidized Housing etc.)
- Health Care – The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)
- The legal system
- Your local community
- Weekly workshops on settlement issues
- Filling out forms and applications
- Problem solving
- Shelter referrals
- Legal referrals
- Resume Assistance
Who is Eligible?
Women and Families who are:
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- Protected Refugees, Convention Refugees or Persons in need of protection
- Temporary residents working in Canada with a Work and/or Study Permit
We are dedicated to the settlement, integration, development and empowerment of newcomers from diverse backgrounds. For more information about our settlement services please contact us at: 416-663-2978.