ehcw Anti-Human Trafficking Program, Connect Young (CY) build support and create resiliency among children and youth through group therapy/support and workshop series. The program engages children and youth between the ages of 10 to 17 to bring awareness/sensitization.
Parents with difficulties communicating with children remain engaged to help prevent the incidence and vulnerability to human trafficking.
Connect Young aims to combat human trafficking through:
- Direct communication with victims with lived experience sharing information
- Providing trauma-informed supports and services through therapy/workshop
- Outreach, education, and advocacy campaigns, increasing public awareness on human trafficking
- Connect victims to shelters, health, psychological, legal, and vocational resources
- Identify and highlight how traffickers are using different forms of technology to exploit their victims
- Safety Planning Toolkit